Matthews Automation Solutions is the controller of your personal information via our Website and the services we provide pursuant to GDPR].
Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.
- Collection of Your Personal Information
We may process your personal information when you submit it to us in the following ways:
- Communications via our Website: We collect personal information when you provide it to us through communications via our Website. This includes where you have contacted us through the “Contact Us” page on our Website and similar situations in which you have chosen to provide the information to us, including for customer services support.
- Products or Services you request: Where you request a good or service from us, we will collect your personal information to process your request and otherwise contact you following a purchase.
We may ask you to provide personal information, such as your e-mail address, name, work address, or telephone number. [In order to access some Matthews Automation Solutions services, you will be asked to sign in with an e-mail address and password.]
- Interaction with our Website use of our services: when you use our Website, we will automatically receive technical information, including [your interaction with our Website, the site you came from, search engine(s) and keywords you used to find our site, the pages you view within our site, type of browser you use, your browser add-ons, your browser’s width and height, IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring website addresses. To offer you a consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with us, information collected through one service we provide may be combined with information obtained through other services. For example, we may use services from other companies that enable us to derive a general geographic area based on your IP address in order to customize certain services to your geographic area.
Use of Your Personal Information
Matthews Automation Solutions processes your personal information to enable us to perform the contract entered into between you and us, to ensure compliance with local legal and regulatory requirements and for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, including the following:
- to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to operate and improve our Website and services including making them easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information;
- to enable us to respond to an enquiry or other request you make when you contact us via our Website, including for customer service support;
- to provide you with more effective customer service;
- performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies;
- displaying content and advertising that are customized to your interests and preferences;
- to communicate with you to provide you information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about as we feel may interest you, as described in the “Marketing” section below;
- when you receive newsletters or promotional e-mail from us, to determine whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you more focused e-mail communications or other information; and
- to enable us to process and consider your application to join Matthews Automation Solutions
We may contact you to provide you with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. You may be contacted by us, Matthews Automation Solutions affiliated companies, or by one of our selected third parties, in each case where you have consented to receive these communications.
You may opt out of receiving our marketing communications at any time by contacting us at [email protected] or by using the unsubscribe link in any of our communications.
We will continue to contact you for non-marketing related purposes where we need to issue a field corrective or safety notice, or to where we need to send certain information to you under a legal, regulatory, or ethical requirement.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with:
- other groups companies to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts and/or to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- our service providers that we engage to provide services for us to help us further our business objectives. Where we provide your personal information to third party services providers, they are required to keep your personal information confidential and secure, and must only use your personal information as instructed by us;
- some Matthews Automation Solutions services may be co-branded and offered in conjunction with another company. If you register for or use such services, both Matthews Automations Solutions and the other company may receive information collected in conjunction with the co-branded services; and
- our distributors, business partners, or other service providers, including for marketing purposes or where you have chosen, and therefore have consented, to share your personal information through various features and functionality provided via our Website.
Security of Your Personal Information
If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. You should update your password periodically to help reduce the risk of unauthorized access to your account with us. When you do, you should strengthen your password with the combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, punctuation and other symbols. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
Storing Your Personal Information
Personal information collected through our Website and services will be stored on servers located in the U.S. This includes individuals engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, administration of an enquiry or request you make via our Website or the provision of support services.
Some of the recipients of your personal information may be located in countries outside the EU/EEA that do not offer the same level of protection with regard to personal information as required in the EU/EEA and where there is no adequacy decision by the European Commission. In that case, we have implemented appropriate safeguards, to protect your personal information when it is transferred, including the execution of data transfer agreements with recipients of the information. For access to copies of these agreements please contact Matthews Automation Solutions by email at [email protected] or by mail at 27520 SW 95th Ave, Wilsonville, OR 97070. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures.
Matthews Automation Solutions will store your information for as long as we have to by law, and where there is no legal requirement, we will only store your personal information for 2 years.
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your computer or mobile device by your web browser. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to store your preferences and other information on your computer in order to save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information and to display your personalized content and appropriate advertising on your later visits to these sites.
- you may encounter cookies from our third party providers, that we have allowed on our site that assist us with various aspects of our site operations and services.
- you also may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized. For example, if you view a web page posted as a link from our website, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.
Matthews Automation Solutions web pages may use other similar technologies which contain electronic images known as web beacons – sometimes called single-pixel gifs – that may be used to assist in delivering cookies on our sites and allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. We may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or our newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. Matthews International may also employ web beacons from third parties in order to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations of our sites. [We prohibit web beacons on our sites from being used by third parties to collect or access your personal information.]
(a) Types of Cookies used on our Website
We use various types of cookies, including session cookies, persistent cookies, local shared objects, pixels, gifs and other tracking technologies, session and persistent technologies, first and third-party cookies. Cookies can be persistent by remaining on your computer until you delete them or be based on your browsing session where they delete once you close your browser. First party cookies are used and controlled by us to provide services on our Website.
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are essential in order to enable you to move around our site and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: also known as “analytical” cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site. For example, they allow us to understand which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies are necessary for our site to operate and allow us to remember what choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Advertising and marketing cookies: these cookies are used to send you advertising and marketing-related material tailored to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
(b) Specific cookies we use
We use the following cookies on our Website:
|Session Management for server.
|CDN Cookie / Cloudflare provides content distribution and caching as well as protection against brute force attacks.
|These third party cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use the site. The information is used to compile reports to improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. To optout click here.
|Act – On session tracking.
|Act – On advertising cookie. Tracks user clicks and page views.
|These third party cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use the site. The information is used to compile reports to improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
|This cookie is used for re-targeting, optimisation, reporting and attribution of online adverts.
|Are set by YouTube and/or Google if a video is embedded on a page and/or the video is being played.
|Are set by Google if the Google+ social plug-in on our website has been activated by the user.
This Website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how users use the Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case IP-anonymization is activated on this Website, your IP address will be partially used within the European Union or just in the European Economic Area if it is used by other parties. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the United States, and then shortened so it is only partially used there. The IP-anonymization is active on this Website.
As an alternative to the browser add-on, you can click this in order to opt out from being tracked by Google Analytics within this Website in the future. An opt-out cookie will be stored on your device, which means that you will have to click this link again if you delete your cookies.
You can find more information under the following link: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html.
(c) Opting Out of Cookies
For more information on cookies and how they can be managed and deleted please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.]
You may inform us of any changes in your personal information, and in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws we will update or delete your personal information accordingly. To find out what personal information we hold on you or to have your personal information updated, amended or removed from our database, please email your request to us via the “Contact Us” section on our Website.
Residents of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’): You may have the right to: request (a) access to your personal information we hold about you; (b) request we correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you; (c) request we delete any personal information we hold about you; (d) restrict the processing of personal information we hold about you; (e) object to the processing of personal information we hold about you; and/or (f) receive any personal information we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such personal information transmitted to another company.
For more information on your rights and its requirements, please see the information provided by the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-of-access/ and https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing information requested to you.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal information, please contact Matthews Automation Solutions by email [email protected] or by mail to 27520 SW 95th Ave, Wilsonville, OR 97070. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures. If you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal information with the supervisory authority in your country.
If you have any questions about the processing of personal data via this Website, please contact us at the following address [email protected].If you contact us, we will do our utmost best to address any concerns you may have about our processing of your personal data.